Our internship program at Strive Logistics is designed for prospective full-time team members to gain valuable experience in relevant and real-world situations within freight brokerage and logistics.
- The Strive Logistics Internship Program will provide you with direct experience in sales, operations, and enterprise solutions as it relates to the Third Party Logistics (3PL) industry.
- You will have an opportunity to apply your communication and business skills as you further develop your ability to build relationships, make decisions, effectively prioritize, and contribute in our team-based culture.
- Successful completion of the program will greatly enhance your potential to become a full-time employee upon graduation.
The initial focus of the internship is to provide you with exposure to the various positions within our company to give you basic knowledge of the 3PL industry. After this initial training, you will focus your position determined through the interview process. The positions are:
- Carrier Sales is responsible for building relationships with transportation providers and negotiating rates to move our customer’s product from point A to point B. Our proven sales training and your personal style combine to deliver win-win scenarios for Strive and our carrier partners. Your energy and drive are the fuel that ignites Strive.
- Customer Sales is responsible for selling Strive Logistics transportation services to current and prospective customers. A customer can be anyone that is looking to move any type of product near or far (e.g. Steel, Soda, Cereal, Glass). You are a professional: a networker, a listener, and a negotiator. You are the face of Strive to the customer.
- Customer Operations serves as the key point-of-contact for primary communications and account management responsibilities associated with your customer portfolio. Customer Operations is the consummate multi-tasker, problem solver, and communicator. You are Strive’s backbone.
If you possess these traits and are looking to take these skills to the next level, this role may be right for you!
- Driven – a winning spirit to stay motivated and a hunger for success to exceed goals and expectations
- Personal toughness – the ability to persevere, handle objections, and maintain a positive attitude
- Communication mastery – to correspond via phone, email, and in person directly with key decision makers
- Professionalism – you are the face of Strive and a reflection of our culture and customer service
- Networker mentality – because every interaction is an opportunity to develop and expand upon relationships and business
- Savvy negotiator – to navigate options to reach a place of mutual agreement and close deals
- Self-directed – able to multi-task, prioritize, efficiently utilize time, and effectively manage your schedule
- Follow through – to document and track your progress and correspondence for yourself, your Strive teammates, and your customers
- Adaptive listener and learner – to think on your feet, perform under stress, and adjust your approach as you gain information
- Business acumen – to understand Strive’s services, how we make money, and customer needs and motivations
- Sales Intelligence – combining your unique personality and approach with Strive’s services to present winning solutions for customers
Position Information / Perks:
- Monday-Friday: 40 hours / week
- Paid training and mentoring program
- Competitive hourly pay
- Social, Wellness, and Volunteer Committees
- Fun office environment